-

-

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Reusing salvaged wood and fixings recovered from demolition works

We're currently renovating our apartment and have demolished quite a bit of the existing space to make way for the new work. It's a veritable treasure trove for those who like to recuperate old materials to build/make/create new objects.  
 
I've been quite busy de-nailing, de-screwing, and disassembling anything and everything which I thought could be used for another project
 
I took a particular interest in salvaging the old wood as I enjoy working with a material as versatile and characteristic as wood can be. To prolong the life of this already 60+ year old material by using it to create new objects gives me a certain amount of satisfaction.

I've taken the sander, glue and clamps to some of the pieces in order to repair them and use them to construct new objects

 
 this is a sawhorse under construction

No comments:

Post a Comment